Support D39 strategic goals related to Sustainability Practices by implementing environmentally sustainable practices for all PTA events.
- Use items that can be recycled/ composted or made from sustainable materials*
- Use reusable items whenever possible
- Avoid Styrofoam products
- Plates, cups, bowls, etc should be compostable/recyclable (paper goods should state 100% compostable or 100% paper (with no waxy coating))
- Use paper and card stock made of recycled content, if possible
- Procure environmentally responsible decorations, give-aways and other supplies*
- Avoid or limit promotional or give-away items (select items that have a purpose and that are not single-use)
- Minimize decorations and single-use packaging
- Consider garnishes, centerpieces and decorations that can be donated, recycled, reused or composted
- Utilize reusable service items such as cloth napkins, tablecloths and bulk condiments
- Purchase items that are sourced locally
- Provide recycling and composting services for events
- Provide clear signage to all recycling and composting collection areas.
- Contact your Green Committee chair to answer any questions
* Whole Foods, Fresh Market. On-line: http://onyxcompany.com (compostable), Costco, Office Depot, Eco-Products, Natural Value, Bridge-Gate, greenpartygoods.com, ecopartytime.com