PTA Programs & Events
Throughout the year, the PTA holds many events with two goals in mind. Those goals are to strengthen the community (events like Rockin' Romona and Open Gym Nights) and raise money to fund all the enrichment activities our children utilize the year and support the school with gifts, i.e cameras, rugs for the classroom, art tables, etc.
We hope everyone can come out and enjoy at least one event this year!
Environmental Awareness Guidelines for PTA Events
|Support D39 strategic goals related to Sustainability Practices by implementing environmentally sustainable practices for all PTO/A events.|
|1. Use items that can be recycled/ composted or made from sustainable materials*
• Use reusable items whenever possible
• Avoid Styrofoam products
• Plates, cups, bowls, etc should be compostable/recyclable (paper goods should state 100% compostable or 100% paper (with no waxy coating))
• Use paper and card stock made of recycled content, if possible
|2. Procure environmentally responsible decorations, give-aways and other supplies*
• Avoid or limit promotional or give-away items (select items that have a purpose and that are not single-use)
• Minimize decorations and single-use packaging
• Consider garnishes, centerpieces and decorations that can be donated, recycled, reused or composted
• Utilize reusable service items such as cloth napkins, tablecloths and bulk condiments
• Purchase items that are sourced locally
|3. Provide recycling and composting services for events
• Provide clear signage to all recycling and composting collection areas
• Contact your Green Committee chair to answer any questions
* Whole Foods, Fresh Market. On-line: http://onyxcompany.com (compostable), Costco, Office Depot, Eco-Products, Natural Value, Bridge-Gate, greenpartygoods.com, ecopartytime.com
Are you, a family member or friend looking for an opportunity to volunteer at Romona? The Romona Lunch Club committee is looking for individuals to lead lunch clubs from January-March 2018. Share your love of dance, Legos, photography, Pokémon and more by leading a weekly lunch club. Contact Julie Hanahan or Ilene Green at lunchRclubs@romonapta.org with questions or to volunteer.
If you and your child love books and enjoy making birthdays memorable, then the Romona Birthday Book Club is for you! The Birthday Book Club is an opportunity for students and their families to recognize birthdays in a special way by donating the cost of a new book (approximately $20) to be used to purchase a book for Romona’s library.
To make a donation, please complete the form below. You will be able to pay with credit card or PayPal.
Your child will then get to pick out their book the month of their birthday (or in September or May for summer birthdays). The book will be identified with a personalized nameplate including your child’s name, birth month & day, and donation year. Your child will also get to be the first student to check the book out of the library. The book will honor your child’s birthday for years to come.
Thank you for making a lasting donation to our school library.
The Bicycle Safety Day Committee coordinates with the Wilmette Bicycle Task Force and the Active Transportation Alliance to help children learn and review bike safety tips during the school day. While the programs are led by a representative from the Active Transportation Alliance, committee volunteers help children in Grade 2 use the bike racks, lock/unlock bikes, adjust helmets and follow a safety obstacle course on their bikes following a safety presentation. In Grade 4, the children review bike safety rules with the Active Transportation Alliance during one PE Period. Both Bicycle Safety Days take place in the Spring.