Romona Students (K-4) are invited to the PTA’s Spectacular…
**Romona Sleep Under**
Friday, March 2, 2018
6pm – 8pm
Pizza & refreshments will be served.
PJs, stuffed animals and pillows are optional but encouraged!
Shoes/slippers are required.
We request cells phones and other devices be left at home. Thanks!
Sign up by Mon. February 5th.
$15 for the first child, $10 for the second, and $5 for the third. Max $30 per family!
~ Space is limited to the first 150 kids. NO WALK-INS ~
Parents who volunteer at the Sleep Under can bring one child for FREE! Sign up HERE!
WINTER LUNCH CLUB REGISTRATION IS HERE!
2018 LUNCH CLUBS begin the week of Jan. 22, 2018 and end March 9, 2018
Clubs are held during lunch (11:30 – 12:10) and run for 8 weeks. Early bird pricing ends January 12, 2018!
|Drumming for Beginners (1-4)||Great Books (3)||Great Books (4)||Great Books (2)|
|Chess (1-4)||Amazing Minds (1-3)||Improv (1-2)||Karate (1-4)|
|Total-T Magic (2-4)||Total-T Sports (2-4)||Improv (3-4)|
|Smash Up! Musical Theater (1-2)||Spanish (1-4)||Mad Science (1-2)|
(Activities with a strike-through are FULL! If you would like to be added to the Wait List for one of these activities, please email lunchRclubs@romonapta.org)
CLICK HERE! for a detailed description of each club.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Read the descriptions and decide which clubs you’d like to register for. BE SURE TO ONLY REGISTER FOR CLUBS OPEN TO YOUR CHILD’S GRADE (in parentheses).
- You may register each child for ONLY one club per day of the week.
- Please make sure to choose the “NO CLUBS ON THIS DAY” option in the drop-down menu if you are not registering for a club on that day.
- When you submit the form, you will be directed to pay through Paypal.
- You must fill out a separate registration for each child.
- ALL CLUBS HAVE REGISTRATION CAPS AND WILL CLOSE ONCE THEY ARE FULL.
- Prices will increase on January 12, 2018.
Welcome to the Six Flags® Read to Succeed Six Hour Reading Club!
ROMONA is participating in an exciting program that encourages students in grades
K through 6 to read for fun. Read to Succeed is a free program sponsored by Six Flags Theme Parks. Every student who completes six hours of recreational reading before the school’s deadline listed on the bottom of this page is eligible for a free admission ticket, valid at the participating Six Flags Theme Park that the school has selected.
Students will develop a greater appreciation for books when they see that you think reading is important too. You are sure to have fun as you investigate the world of reading together!
Here’s what you need to know:
• Only students in grades K through 6 are eligible to participate.
• Review the attached Student Reading Log. Your child should use this reading log to record what and how long he/she reads.
• Your child must complete 6 hours, or 360 minutes, of recreational reading.
• Please initial each entry and then sign the reading log to verify that the 6 hours of reading has been completed.
• Your child can read books, magazines, newspapers, or comic books (digital or hard copy). Reading for homework or a class assignment does NOT count.
• Students can read silently, aloud, or with an adult—you can read to your child, or your child can read to you.
• Remind your child to return the reading log to his/her teacher by the due date. Your child’s school will submit your child’s information and hours read.
• Late entries will NOT be accepted.
About the Tickets
• Tickets will be awarded to students by their teacher/school coordinator in May.
• The ticket is valid for admission to ONE Six Flags theme park on SELECT DATES ONLY during the 2018 season. Park name and valid dates will be printed on the tickets. Please understand that the school can only select one Six Flags Theme Park. The ticket will only be valid for the park that is listed on the ticket. The valid dates will not be announced prior to the ticket award date in early May.
• Tickets are valid for students in grades K-6 only and are not valid for anyone over the age of 13. No exceptions.
• Each ticket is valid for one free student admission only.
• A Season Pass upgrade offer will be available during the ticket valid dates. The upgrade offer information will be printed on the ticket.
• Tickets are NOT for resale and are nontransferable. • They cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
We hope that you and your child enjoy this free program and spend time reading together. If you have any questions about the program or have ticket questions, you will need to contact your child’s teacher or school before the school year is over.
The Six Flags® Read to Succeed Team
School Deadline, please return the reading log to the teacher by: ________________________________________
SIX FLAGS: TM & © 2017 Six Flags Theme Parks Inc.